Dr. Jose Mª González de Echavarri Gómez
- Specialty: Neurology
- Collegiate number: 51237
- Activity that performs: Neurology visits, Memory check, Alzheimer's prevention
- 2019 Neurology medical resident HOSPITAL DE LA SANTA CREU I SANT PAU
- 2014 Medical Degree University of Navarra
Neurologist with a research career with special interest in the biotechnology field.
Dr. Jose Mª González de Echavarri Gómez has collaborated in interdisciplinary projects with engineers for the study of neural networks applied to the deepening of the knowledge of cerebral connectomics both in the healthy brain and in the pathological one with special interest in neurodegenerative pathologies with manifestation such as movement disorders.
During the last years of his professional career he has dedicated himself to research and clinical care in Alzhemier disease with special focus on the initial phase of disease. Early diagnosis of Alzheimer's and neuroprevention through styles life have been his focus of expertise to help patients in their initial phase of Alzheimer's.
More information about the Alzheimer's Prevention Unit
- National publication on movement disorders
- Oral communication awarded as stellar communication in movement disorders in the National congress of neurology of the SEN
- Nine posters at both international and national congresses in different fields of neurology, in three of them as the first author.
Most relevant merits
- 1 Scientific paper. 2020. Amyloid beta, tau, synaptic, neurodegeneration, and glial biomarkers in the preclinical stage of the Alzheimer's continuum. Alzheimers Dement.
- 2 Scientific paper. 2020. Plaque neovascularization detected with contrast-enhanced ultrasound predicts ischemic stroke recurrence in patients with carotid atherosclerosis.Eur J Neurol.
- 3 Scientific paper. 2020. Sex Differences of Longitudinal Brain Changes in Cognitively Unimpaired Adults J Alzheimers Dis.
- 4 Scientific paper. José María González; Jesus Perez. 2019. Rituximab as a disease-modifying treatment in chorea due to anti-IgLON5 encephalitis. News in Pharmacology and Therapeutics. 17-1.
- 5 Scientific paper. 2017. Prior Statin Therapy is Not Associated With Cerebral Bleeding-prone Angiopathies in Patients With Ischemic Stroke Who Start Long-term Oral Anticoagulation Storke. 48.
- 6 Scientific paper. 2017. High Frequency of Occult Neoplasia in Patients with Atherothrombotic Stroke: a Positron Emission Tomography Study DOI: 10.1177 / 2396987317705242. European Stroke Journal. 2, pp. 183-183.
- 7 Book chapter. Elba Pascual; José María González de Echávarri; Celia Painous; Luis Prats. 2016. Repetitive stroke as a form of presentation of cardiac papillary fibroelastoma V Contest of clinical cases of Stroke Units for neurology residents. SEN Cerebrovascular Diseases Study Group. 2016.Luzán 5 ISBN 978-84-7989-873-1. pp.206-208.
Participation in R&D and Innovation projects
- 1 Colchicine for Prevention of Vascular Inflammation in Non-cardio Embolic Stroke (CONVINCE) (International Multicenter). 12 / 2016-10 / 2021.
- 2 Study to Assess the Safety, Pharmacokinetics, and Pharmacodynamics of DS-1040b in Subjects With Acute Ischemic Stroke (ASSENT) (Multicenter). 09 / 2015-02 / 2019.
- 3 Platelet-Oriented Inhibition in New TIA and Minor Ischemic Stroke (POINT) Trial (POINT) (Multicenter). 05 / 2010-04 / 2018.
- 4 Rivaroxaban Versus Aspirin in Secondary Prevention of Stroke and Prevention of Systemic Embolism in Patients With Recent Embolic Stroke of Undetermined Source (ESUS) (NAVIGATE ESUS) (Multicentric). 12 / 2014-02 / 2018.
- 5 HEALTH RESEARCH PROJECTS (FIS) -PI15 / 00884 IMPROVE: Study of the progression and vulnerability of carotid atherosclerosis: influence of the Endothelial Progenitor Cell count and the control of vascular risk factors (HOSPITAL DE LA SANTA CREU I SANT PAU). 2015-2018. € 12,886,500.
- 6 AMYPAD (Amyloid imaging to prevent Alzheimer's disease) (International multicentric).
- 7 Dementia Prevention Clinic (Barcelona Beta Brain Research Center).
- 8 PENSA (prevention of cognitive deterioration through multimodal intervention in lifestyles) (Barcelona).
Participation in R&D and Innovation contracts
- Stepwise network approach in Parkinson's disease 06/05/2018 - 06/05/2019.